With the fast approaching closing of our current headquarters (Dragon Port Games is entertaining buy-out offers and if it is unsuccessful in finding a buyer it will be closing it's doors on May 1) I find myself revising some of the old angst that had laid dormant, mainly where am I going to get my weekly gaming fix?
Before the opening of Dragon Port, at the dissolution of Robin Goodfellows, I had been encouraging the creation of a gaming Co-op some where in the Duluth/Superior area. While the creation of a gaming Co-op might have been to grandiose I still believe in the concept of a member supported gaming area. Surely we've got the numbers to support it.... or do we?
Here's what I'm thinking,
- Rent some space somewhere and put some gaming tables inside.
- Allow members to use the space for as long as they want for any sort of gaming in return for a monthly due.
- Is there enough community support? More support = more space we can rent.
- Keeping the monthly dues low enough for people to want to use the space.
- Acting quickly - a transition from Dragon Port to the new space is most preferable.
We've only got a little window of opportunity. Don't let this slide by - let's make a sustainable, stable long term gaming location for our area for many years to come.
If you say you'll be part of it, I'll build it. This is a not-for-profit venture. Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested.